Those who achieve great accomplishments, whether it be in athletics or a significant change in appearance, share several mental characteristics. These overachievers who I refer to as, Physical Elites, have developed a mindset that drives success. Following a good program and eating the right foods is of vital importance, but the mind is key. I'm a firm believer that with the right mindset, you can accomplish great things even if the plan is not perfect.
Characteristics of the physical elite:
- They accept their current state; they don't blame failure on "bad genes" or circumstance
- They seek out physical challenges and are not afraid to test limits
- They see setbacks as temporary
- They train in the present moment and ignore the chaos
- They thrive with structure
- They don't rely on external motivation to initiate action, they act even when not motivated
Knowledge is primary, but the mindset that drives your knowledge is the most important tool for becoming a physical elite.