Intermittent Fasting for the Busy Person
Swimsuit weather will be here within weeks. If you have not been diligent with your diet this winter, I’ve designed a simple plan that can jumpstart body fat loss.
This menu is designed for those on a tight schedule and it does not require a lot of planning. If you want to get lean, but you don’t have time to prepare multiple meals or eat 5 times/day, intermittent fasting is an effective way to lose body fat.
This program is not intended for the competitive athlete or advanced trainee who trains 6+ hours/week.
Eliminate all added sugars and sweeteners; do not consume any food or drinks that contain added sugar (naturally occurring sugar in fruit, potatoes, and rice are ok). Remove all sugars from your house; give them to people you don’t like.
Eliminate all processed grains and flours; including bread, pasta, crackers, baked goods, cereals, etc.…
Skip breakfast and sleep an extra 30 minutes. Breakfast is not as important as once believed.
Make protein the priority with each meal
You will eat two main meals + 1-2 high protein snacks.
No food or calorie containing beverages from 9pm to 11am the next day, water only
- 1-2 cups Black Coffee or Green Tea (no sugar, honey, or syrup; 1 tsp cream ok)
- Do not consume any calorie containing beverages.
- The first few days without breakfast will be the most challenging, persevere and drink plenty of water.
- Grilled Chicken breast
- Baked Sweet Potato w 1 tsp. butter and cinnamon
- Broccoli, steamed
- Grilled Salmon or Tilapia
- Steamed green vegetables or Large Salad w/ olive oil dressing
- Organic Strawberries, 3-4
- Chicken Stir-Fry with vegetables (peppers, onions, broccoli, etc...)
- Steamed Rice
- Pineapple slices, 1 small serving
Post-Workout shake or mid afternoon snack
- Whey Protein, 1-2 scoops (< 5 grams of sugar/ serving) mixed in 8-10 oz. water
- Handful of almonds, pecans, or cashews (unsalted)
- Grilled Pork Chop
- Sautéed Spinach w/ butter
- Grass-Fed Beef (filet Mignon, New York Strip, or Roast)
- Large Romaine Lettuce Salad with Olive oil dressing
- Grilled Bison Burger
- Sautéed green beans
- Baked Chicken, dark or white meat
- Sautéed Broccoli w/ olive oil and garlic
After Dinner Dessert Suggestions
High-Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse
5-7 oz. cup of plain Greek yogurt (2% or full fat)
1 scoop of Chocolate whey protein (no more than 5 grams sugar/serving)
1 tbsp. PB2 (powdered peanut butter),or PB2 w/ chocolate
1 tbsp. MCT Oil
add 2 tbsp. of water
mix into a fine pudding and let chill in freezer for 10 min.
- Organic Cottage Cheese, 2%
- Fresh Pineapple
- 5-7 oz. cup of plain Greek yogurt (2% or full fat)
- Fresh Organic Strawberries
- L-Carnitine (tartrate), 2-4 grams/day divided between meals
- Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega, 4-8 capsules/ day
- Vitamin D3, 2000-5000 IU’s per day
NO FOOD AFTER 9:00pm